Tai Chi Classes Longboat Key, Florida
Tai Chi Flowing is dedicated to bringing Tai Chi classes and event information in the Sarasota, Bradenton and Longboat Key areas to you. Tai Chi Flowing Director Christine Killeen is a Senior Trainer with the Tai Chi for Health Institute and assists Master Trainer Susan Scheuer in teacher/student training workshops. She currently serves as Vice President of the Tai Chi for Health Community (www.tchc.info).
Christine Killeen teaches classes in Tai Chi for Energy, Tai Chi for Arthritis and Tai Chi for Back Pain (suitable for tai chi beginners) three of the health forms created by Dr. Paul Lam specifically to provide therapeutic back pain and arthritis therapy for arthritis and lower back pain sufferers. Studies are increasingly showing that Tai Chi Classes and practicing tai chi can be a useful component of an overall self care program for stress management and chronic pain therapy to reduce stress as well as address the chronic painful symptoms of fibromyalgia, arthritis, and lower back pain. In addition, long term studies are showing that Dr. Lam’s Health forms tend to improve balance and reduce stress, both essential components of any Fall Prevention program. All of the Health Forms combine safe, gentle movements and breath work together with qigong exercises, which promote the flow of qi, thus making them well suited for back pain and arthritis therapy as well as inclusion in a tai chi beginners class, and are appropriate for those wishing to reduce arthritic and back pain issues. Christine also teaches Yang and Sun tai chi forms which are adapted to the individual limits of students to promote safety while encouraging mastery.
Whether you are best suited for a tai chi beginners class, or you’re an individual looking for another way to deal with stress reduction and the chronic pain issues associated with arthritis or lower back problems, or a Senior wanting to improve and strengthen balance to prevent falls, Tai Chi Flowing wants to connect your needs to Tai Chi classes and events that will help you to achieve your goals.
Check the Calendar page to see if there is a class opening near you in the Sarasota, Bradenton and Longboat Key areas. In addition, if you have a group of friends who want to learn tai chi or qigong and need a teacher, contact email@example.com and let us help.
- November 1-Dec. 13, 2012: Tai Chi for Energy, Spanish Main Yacht Club
- January 8- February 26, 2013: Beginner's Yang Style Tai Chi, Vizcaya Condos, Bradenton, Fl.
- January 23,-March 13, 2013: Aging in Paradise Yang style Tai Chi for Beginners (Open to Public)
- January 24, 2013: Spanish Main Yacht Club, Beginner's Yang style Tai Chi & 24 forms Intermediate
- February 2013: Vizcaya classes continue
- February 2013: Aging in Paradise classes continue (Open to Public)
- February 2013: Spanish Main classes continue
- March 2013: All Classes continue
- April - May 13, 2013: 24 Forms Intermediate Class continues at Spanish Main
- April 27, 2013: WORLD TAI CHI & QIGONG DAY - “One World, One Breath”
- May 2012: Spanish Main Clubhouse, 24 forms continue
- June 9-16, 2013: Annual Tai Chi Conference, Connecticut College June 17-21, 2013: Depth of 36 Forms with Dr. Paul Lam, Connecticut College
- July 10- August 28, 2013, 9:30- 10:30 a.m.: Tai Chi for Beginners, Aging in Paradise, Longboat Island Chapel, Longboat Key, Fl.
- Click to view more information on these events.
Upcoming EventsNEW TAI CHI CLASS NOW FORMING
SUN STYLE TAI CHI FOR BEGINNERS Wednesdays 9:30-10:30 A.M.
July 10 - August 28, 2013
Aging in Paradise, Longboat Island Chapel, Longboat Key, Florida
View All Tai Chi Classes & Events