Tai Chi Classes Longboat Key, Florida
Tai Chi Flowing is dedicated to bringing Tai Chi classes and event information in the Sarasota, Bradenton and Longboat Key areas to you. Tai Chi Flowing Director Christine Killeen has served as President of the Tai Chi for Health “Community” a U.S. based national non-profit organization comprised of Tai Chi Instructors and Practitioners helping to promote the healthy and peaceful practice of tai chi as well as having worked as a Senior Trainer assisting in the training of tai chi teachers. Her tai chi classes blend her knowledge and love of tai chi with over thirty years as a massage therapist and natural healer working to empower others in their healing processes.
Christine Killeen teaches beginner classes in Yang, Chen and Sun style tai chi as well as Tai Chi for Energy, Tai Chi for Arthritis and Tai Chi for Back Pain (suitable for tai chi beginners) three of the health forms created by Dr. Paul Lam specifically to provide therapeutic back pain and arthritis therapy for arthritis and lower back pain sufferers. Studies are increasingly showing that Tai Chi Classes and practicing tai chi can be a useful component of an overall self care program for stress management and chronic pain therapy to reduce stress as well as address the chronic painful symptoms of fibromyalgia, arthritis, and lower back pain. All of the tai chi classes combine safe, gentle movements and breath work together with qigong exercises, which promote the flow of qi, thus making them well suited for back pain and arthritis therapy as well as inclusion in a tai chi beginners class, and are appropriate for those wishing to reduce arthritic and back pain issues. Students are encouraged to work within their comfort zones as the safety of the student is always of paramount importance.
Whether you are best suited for a tai chi beginners class, or you’re an individual looking for another way to deal with stress reduction and the chronic pain issues associated with arthritis or lower back problems, or a Senior wanting to improve and strengthen balance to prevent falls, Tai Chi Flowing wants to connect your needs to Tai Chi classes and events that will help you to achieve your goals.
Check the Calendar page to see if there is a class opening near you in the Sarasota, Bradenton and Longboat Key areas. In addition, if you have a group of friends who want to learn tai chi or qigong and need a teacher, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and let us help.
- October 3 - December 12, 2013: Advanced Intermediate Tai Chi, Spanish Main Yacht Club
- October 30- December 4, 2013: Beginner's Sun Style Tai Chi Part I at LBK Chapel
- January 14 - March 4, 2014: Beginner's Sun Style Tai Chi Part I, Vizcaya Bradenton, Fl.
- January 16 - March 6, 2014: Beginner's Sun Style Tai Chi Part II, Spanish Main Yacht Club 8-9 a.m. Advanced Intermediate Tai Chi, Spanish Main, 9:15-10:15 a.m.
- February 2014: Vizcaya classes continue
- February 2014: Aging in Paradise classes continue (Open to Public)
- February 2014: Spanish Main classes continue
- March 2014: All Classes finish for this session
- April 26, 2014: WORLD TAI CHI & QIGONG DAY - “One World, One Breath”
- June 8 - 16, 2014: Annual Tai Chi Conference, Washington University, St. Louis, Mo.
- Click to view more information on these events.
Upcoming EventsTAI CHI YANG STYLE BEGINNERS
Yang style Tai Chi Class for Beginners , starts Nov. 2-Dec. 7, 2016, 9-10 A.M. For details please contact: Info@taichiflowing.com
TAI CHI FLOWING NEWSLETTER: Information on Fall Classes 2016 and Preview of Winter Season Classes 2017--See Blog Page
Private Tai Chi Lessons
If you or a group of friends are interested in private tai chi lessons please contact me at Info @ taichiflowing.com
TAI CHI RETREAT January 22-25, 2017 Jekyll Island, Georgia: Please contact me for details.
Email: Info @Taichiflowing.com for information on tai chi events & classes in your area.
View All Tai Chi Classes & Events